Monday, September 13, 2010

Inspiration 1: Walking Backwards

I tried to kill 2 birds with one stone and walk backwards while I was at Garfield Park (Spoiler Alert: I went to a park for the second part of the assignment), but that wasn't turning out so well. It was very slow and I was almost constantly wanting to look where I was going, a temptation which I, admittedly, gave in to several times.

Then I decided to try closing my eyes. While that did solve the looking back problem, I started running into trees.

So, with that experiment deemed a failure I tried again at home. at that point it really became about knowing the area's layout, something which video games have made me good at. Progress was slow, probing with the back of my foot for the location of obstacles when I knew they were coming up, but I managed to get it to work pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment