Monday, October 11, 2010

Class 10-11-10

So today we discussed our feelings toward religion. I talked a decent bit more than I thought I would.

After all that we ended up watching "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed," and I have to say I found the movie insightful. Biased, but insightful. I didn't know just how against the idea of Intelligent Design most scientists are; I also find it ironic how quickly we have changed our stance from trying to outlaw evolution in the classroom to flat-out alienating anyone that even mentions Intelligent Design. Overall I think I learned a lot from the film.

I'll also bring up the fact that someone mentioned that we seem to learn from each other rather than one person in this class. That really struck me. Honestly, it's true--if you're looking for reasons as to why this class forms such tight groups look no further than this single point; the fact that we tend to listen to everyone regularly in this class makes it a real group effort, and as such makes this class very unique. I'd be curious as to how other classes would go if allowed to be taught in this kind of structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment