Monday, November 15, 2010

Who the Hell Do You Think You Are?

So when we went to see the "Notes to Noself" exhibit at Heron the first thing that struck me as we walked in was the atmosphere of the dense part of the forest. It was very gloomy and all the trees were covered in skulls and such. It really made me think of a game I've been playing recently called LIMBO. LIMBO is characterized by its grayscale artwork and very dark nature. After thinking about that for a little while I think one aspect of who I am that I'd like to touch on for this assignment is the fact that I like darker stories. I like stories where bad guys are protagonists. I like zombie stories and such. This assignment has me wondering why that is.

I think part of it is escapism. For any ordinary person the subjects of these stories do and experience very liberating things that a normal person just couldn't do. I think experiencing that indirectly through movies and video games helps keep you grounded in the real world. I think it helps serve as a release for your troubles.

So, that said here's what I made. I was just feeling like making something a little dark. Maybe I'll think of some poetic, better rationale by the time class rolls around.

No comments:

Post a Comment